What is ScanSTENCIL?
ScanSTENCIL is a fully integrated, stand-alone process control, measurement and inspection workstation for use after solder paste stencil and hybrid emulsion screen fabrication or other machined, etched or laser cut operations. Can also be used by the Contract Manufacturer to inspect stencil/screen after cleaning to ensure all apertures are free of material and to check part for stretch after long use time.
ScanSTENCIL uses a PC Windows based software package integrated with a high-resolution, calibrated, A3 size flatbed scanner. This combination allows inspection of both stencils and screens for accuracy and the ability to inspect 100% for absence/presence and correct size of apertures.
ScanSTENCIL adds flexibility to the stencil and screen inspection process. Utilizing its calibrated scanner, ScanSTENCIL inputs stencils, screens, silver or diazo film, mylar images, artwork, technical drawings, actual PCBs or original hand-taped designs. With these inputs, ScanSTENCIL is able to verify cut stencils & screens for accuracy, size and blockage, stretch, as well as producing necessary Gerber data for stencil & screen production.
Tired of using slow manual measurement and inspection methods? ScanSTENCIL offers various functions that quickly and automatically create necessary Gerber and verification data:
- Absence/Presence of Apertures
- Confirm Proper Aperture Shape and Size
- Compare Stencil/Screen vs. Gerber
- Compare Stencil/Screen vs. Stencil/Screen
- Compare Stencil/Screen vs. PCB
- Confirm Proper Aperture Position
- Create Stencil Files from Boards/Films
- Automatic Inspection Accuracy Level Detection
- All variables come together in a virtual system before production!
Worried about the quality of the finished stencils, screens or Gerber files? Use ScanSTENCIL’s “check functions” to verify the accuracy of the data. The new LMA option allows for checking apertures as small as 0.002” diameter (0.050 mm).
ScanSTENCIL creates Gerber files as well as other data used in stencil production, including: Silkscreens, Soldermasks, Padmasters, Stencil Files, Panelized Images, DXF and Gerber-274x files, etc.
ScanSTENCIL permits fast and accurate comparison of stencils/screens to bare PCBs bringing automation and increased productivity to QC departments.
- Quality: 100% automatic inspection of screen/stencils for absence/presence and size of apertures.
- Accuracy: Detect aperture size error down to 0.0005″ (0.0125mm) at 3200 dpi.
- Usability: Supply production with required Gerber data.
- Flexibility: Use one software product to create data required by the stencil production process.
- Proven: ScanCAD systems installed in over 47 countries globally since 1990.
- Economical: Low cost systems – Fast ROI